Attractions for children in Pomorskie
Pomorskie through the eyes of a child - what attractions await here for the youngest? Pomorskie region is - as someone well noticed - a "sea of possibilities" for arriving tourists and residents. The wide range of attractions makes that not only adults, but most of all children, feel here like fish in the water - sometimes in the literal sense.
Communing with nature - sandy beaches, the sea, lakes - and participation in interesting events is not only a possibility of fun, but also an encouraging form of education for the youngest. Pomorskie has an innumerable number of places that are worth visiting with their pupils and plenty of opportunities for family and active recreation.
Clean and sandy beaches in Pomorskie are dream places for children to play
When asked what areas must be seen and in which events to participate, it is difficult to answer unambiguously. Below we will try to bring a bit of the amazing attractions of the region, which will reveal the mystery ... Visiting, which cannot be overlooked in the family plans is the Tri-City, which means: Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot.
Gdańsk attractiones for children
In saying that everyone will find something for themselves here, there is no exaggeration:
• Lovers of sweets will be delighted - CIU-CIU Art is a must for them in Gdańsk. It is the smallest in Poland manufacture creating sweets based on seventeenth-century technology.
manufaktura tworząca słodycze w oparciu o XVII wieczną technologię.• In the same city there will also be something for small scientists - Hewelianum Center - giving the opportunity to learn through fun.
• Fun for animal lovers is undoubtedly the ZOO in Gdańsk giving the opportunity to meet as many as 200 species of animals!
Gdynia for everyone
• Extreme sports enthusiasts will also find something for thenselves - Kolibki Adventure Park is a great adventure for supporters of strong experiences. Off-road vehicles, quads, paintball, children's amusement park - this and many other attractions await guests in Gdynia.
• Sopot, apart from walking along the longest pier in Europe, is an opportunity to visit the local Aquapark. Water attractions will please everyone - regardless of their age.
However, Pomorskei is not only the Tri-City, but many other coastal towns and extensive Kashubia. There is also where to stay. The World of Labyrinths in Scar, City Park with the largest playground in Wejherowo, Malbork Castle, the upside down house in Szymbark, Kashubian Miniature Park, Łeba Park - one of the best Dinosaur Parks in the country and observation tower in Wieżyca. It is worth to remember also the name Dolina Charlotty. A dream place for leisure for entire families with a forest amphitheater and the legendary Rock Legends festival. Children will certainly not be bored here, there are many interesting attractions waiting for them here: Rope Park, Zoo with Land of Fairy Tales, Water Safari Zoo, Seal Center, kayaks and pedal boats, fishing, horse rides, playground, football pitch mesh, inflatables and many amenities. Come and discover Pomorskie, we assure you that it is not even half of the attractions that await families with children.
Fot. ©Depositphotos/TONO BALAGUER SL
The Museum of the Vistula River in Tczew – a department of the Central Museum of the Sea
The main exhibition building of the Museum of the Vistula River dates back to the second half of the 19th Century. It was once the home of the Emil Kelch Metal Product Factory.
In 1980, the building was taken over by the Central Museum of the Sea in Gdańsk, which began to adapt it to the needs of the planned Museum of the Vistula River. To this day, it is the largest museum of a river in Poland.
The inauguration of the first permanent exhibition entitled "The History of Vistula Navigation" initiated the activity of the museum in 1984. The second exhibition, entitled "Folk Boats of the Vistula Basin" was opened on 8 October 1984.
The museum is home to the exhibitions entitled "Vistula in Polish History", "Vistula Expedition", "Underwater Archaeology in Poland" and "The Tczew Sea School 1920-1930".
Also worth visiting:
- the Maritime Culture Centre
- the SS "Sołdek" ship-museum
- the Crane
- the Museum of Fishing in Hel
- the National Maritime Museum