Attractions for children in Pomorskie
Pomorskie through the eyes of a child - what attractions await here for the youngest? Pomorskie region is - as someone well noticed - a "sea of possibilities" for arriving tourists and residents. The wide range of attractions makes that not only adults, but most of all children, feel here like fish in the water - sometimes in the literal sense.
Communing with nature - sandy beaches, the sea, lakes - and participation in interesting events is not only a possibility of fun, but also an encouraging form of education for the youngest. Pomorskie has an innumerable number of places that are worth visiting with their pupils and plenty of opportunities for family and active recreation.
Clean and sandy beaches in Pomorskie are dream places for children to play
When asked what areas must be seen and in which events to participate, it is difficult to answer unambiguously. Below we will try to bring a bit of the amazing attractions of the region, which will reveal the mystery ... Visiting, which cannot be overlooked in the family plans is the Tri-City, which means: Gdańsk, Gdynia and Sopot.
Gdańsk attractiones for children
In saying that everyone will find something for themselves here, there is no exaggeration:
• Lovers of sweets will be delighted - CIU-CIU Art is a must for them in Gdańsk. It is the smallest in Poland manufacture creating sweets based on seventeenth-century technology.
manufaktura tworząca słodycze w oparciu o XVII wieczną technologię.• In the same city there will also be something for small scientists - Hewelianum Center - giving the opportunity to learn through fun.
• Fun for animal lovers is undoubtedly the ZOO in Gdańsk giving the opportunity to meet as many as 200 species of animals!
Gdynia for everyone
• Extreme sports enthusiasts will also find something for thenselves - Kolibki Adventure Park is a great adventure for supporters of strong experiences. Off-road vehicles, quads, paintball, children's amusement park - this and many other attractions await guests in Gdynia.
• Sopot, apart from walking along the longest pier in Europe, is an opportunity to visit the local Aquapark. Water attractions will please everyone - regardless of their age.
However, Pomorskei is not only the Tri-City, but many other coastal towns and extensive Kashubia. There is also where to stay. The World of Labyrinths in Scar, City Park with the largest playground in Wejherowo, Malbork Castle, the upside down house in Szymbark, Kashubian Miniature Park, Łeba Park - one of the best Dinosaur Parks in the country and observation tower in Wieżyca. It is worth to remember also the name Dolina Charlotty. A dream place for leisure for entire families with a forest amphitheater and the legendary Rock Legends festival. Children will certainly not be bored here, there are many interesting attractions waiting for them here: Rope Park, Zoo with Land of Fairy Tales, Water Safari Zoo, Seal Center, kayaks and pedal boats, fishing, horse rides, playground, football pitch mesh, inflatables and many amenities. Come and discover Pomorskie, we assure you that it is not even half of the attractions that await families with children.
Fot. ©Depositphotos/TONO BALAGUER SL
Muzeum of coastal defence
The history of the museum is short. On 17 January 2006, the City of Hel presented the post-German reinforced concrete bunkers (the B2 406 mm cannon station and the fire control tower).
These two buildings are the remains of the world's largest coastal defence battery - in 1940, this was the location of the three monstrous 406 mm cannons from the Schleswig-Holstein battery. The private collections and the enthusiasm of several people led to the opening of the museum on 1 May 2006.
The B2 station contains
- little-known cards of Polish aviation - the history of the Sea Aerial Division, illustrated with models of seaplanes.
- the "Medicine in the Army" exhibition,
- the modern, multimedia exhibition dedicated to the 32 days of defending Hel,
- the multimedia exhibition on Commander Zbigniew Przybyszewski, the great leader of the Laskowski battery in the September 1939 campaign,
- the unequalled exhibition of grenades, the largest in Poland,
- the continuously-expanding exhibition of weaponry, with an original 406 mm missile, which weighs approximately 1030 kg, with shells and additional equipment.
The second structure is the nine-storey fire control tower, the top of which has a great view of the peninsula and the surrounding sea. The individual storeys present:
- the "Artillery Curiosities" exhibition, dedicated to the largest cannons in the world.
- a seven-metre, graphic map of the Hel Peninsula,
- artifacts of the great and well-liked Polish seascapist, Captain Karol Borchardt, including a reconstruction of his residence and exhibitions dedicated to his work and creations,
- the exhibition of military communications,
- the modelling exhibition dedicated to armoured vehicles.
The Hel peninsula is home to the artillery station of the Laskowski battery, the the basementsd of which host the exhibition on the battery and bravery of Polish soldiers. Other interesting military objects include the restored shelters and stations of the historical "Danish" Battery, which were entered onto the marked tourist trail, and the heritage park of cannons at station B2. The commune has assigned tourist trails, which cover most of the military sites.
The enthusiasts of the Hel military objects led to the restoration of the first segment of the Hel military narrow-gauge railway. During the tourist season, more attractions emphasising the military nature of the MOW include the military shooting range,a field cinema and a field kitchen with peas pottage.
The museum is also active in the field of publishing. It publishes the guide to Hel once a year, along with a series of issues dedicated to Hel and the Hel Peninsula.